Discover the Beauty of North Maluku

Ternate, Tidore, Jailolo, Bacan, Obi, Morotai, Halmahera, etc.

About North Maluku

North Maluku is a tropical paradise in eastern Indonesia. This is the place of marine tourism, culture, archeology, history, and customs. This area was originally a former territory of the four largest Islamic empires in the eastern part of the archipelago known as the Moloku Kie Raha Sultanate (the Four Mountains Sultanate in Maluku), namely Bacan, Jailolo, Ternate, and Tidore.

The capital of North Maluku is located in Sofifi, North Oba District. Since 4 August 2010 this area has replaced its largest city, Ternate, which has served as a temporary capital for 11 years to await infrastructure readiness in Sofifi. North Maluku Province consists of 395 large and small islands scattered in stunning waters. The island has been inhabited by 64 units and not inhabited by 331 units.

One of the uninhabited islands is Dodola Island. This island is an example of a beautiful tropical beach. 16 km of white sand surrounds the beach with clear water. On this island, visitors can do many interesting activities such as swimming, sunbathing, and diving. Maitara Island also offers fantastic marine life. This island is located in the middle of Tidore and Ternate Islands.

Peta Provinsi Maluku Utara

North Maluku has marine tourism objects in the form of beautiful islands and beaches with marine parks and various types of ornamental fish. Nature tourism such as rock pits spread almost throughout the region. There is also a tourist forest as well as a national park with endemic species ranked 10th in the world.

The nature reserve area consists of several types, both on land and in marine waters such as the Mount Sibela Nature Reserve on Bacan Island, Nature Reserve on Obi Island, Taliabu Nature Reserve on Taliabu Island and Nature Reserve on Seho Island.

The Cultural Heritage Area which has a historical value in the area of ​​North Maluku Province includes cultural nature reserves in Ternate City, Tidore City, West Halmahera Regency, Central Halmahera Regency, South Halmahera Regency, and North Halmaerah.

The total area of ​​North Maluku Province reaches 140,255.32 km². Most of them are marine waters, covering an area of ​​106,977.32 km² (76.27%). The remaining 33,278 km² (23.73%) is land.

Hotels in North Maluku

Plan Your Trip to North Maluku

Rent a Private Car in North Maluku

Related Destinations

@TravellersID you can buy royalty-free license of stock photo and stock video; search, compare, and book cheap flight ticket, hotels, and car rental around the world; or hire us for social media management, content writing, or video production services.